Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Bus riders will arrive and depart on 12th Street utilizing the bus lane. No cars may be parked in the bus lane during the school day hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- ALL car riders need to be dropped off and picked up at door #1 in the parking lot off of Indiana Avenue. Please follow parking lot signage to exit the lot after dropping off your student. Indiana Avenue exit is for traffic going North only (right out of parking lot) and 14th Street exit is for traffic going South on Indiana Avenue.
- There will be orange pylons on the sidewalk indicating drop off zones for students to be dropped off and picked up. When dropping students off, follow all directions of school personnel and pull as far forward to the orange pylon. This might mean not being able to drop your student off in front of the door.
- Our doors open at 7:25 a.m and 8:25 a.m. on Wednesdays. Children should stay in their vehicles until 7:25/8:25. Please look for a staff member before having your children exit your vehicles.
- At the end of the day students will only be dismissed to cars that are parked next to our numbered cones. Personnel will direct you to the correct cone. You will be receiving signs to display in your vehicle to assist staff in quickly getting the correct children into each car. Please have those signs in your car each day that you pick up. The pick up line is often long so please be patient as we ensure the safety for all of our students.
- Children should exit and enter vehicles on the curb-side of the parking lot only. Please stay in your vehicle while dropping off and picking up your child. If you need to assist your child exiting or entering the vehicle in the car lane, please pull into a parking spot to do so.
- Children who walk home will be dismissed through the front and side doors after the buses are dismissed.
- Please share this information with anyone who might drop off or pick up your child. Car rider traffic flow map is located on the next page.
Thank you for your support and patience during arrival and dismissal times. Please do not hesitate to contact the school with any questions.